Colombo, Sri Lanka
For the past 28 years, Intrepid has been taking small groups on real life experiences that give back to the places and people we visit. Now the world's largest provider of adventure travel experiences, we cater for all ages, budgets, and appetites for adventure through Adventure Tours Australia, Geckos Adventures, Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures and Urban Adventures.
Working in travel is a nice perk. An even better one is knowing that the work you do matters. Globally renowned as a leader in responsible travel, Intrepid Group has been a carbon-neutral business since 2010 and was the first global travel company to end elephant riding. The Intrepid Foundation, our not-for-profit, has raised $5m AUD for over 75 local and international charities by matching traveller donations dollar-for-dollar.
The main responsibility of this role is to work within the global development team to create amazing new products and features. You will be working closely with internal team members, locally and remotely as well as with external consultants and a global business to improve the online presence of the various brands within the Intrepid Group.
Who are you?
- 2+ years’ experience leading developers on web projects
- Experience in allocating and managing delivery of work
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills toward other developers
- Previous experience in code-review and functional review of solutions
- Computer science or Software Engineering degree with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience working with database systems such as MySQL/Postgresql
- Experience using version control systems (GIT / SVN)
- Great communication skills and experience working with business users
- A working understanding of Performance Profiling and Benchmarking tools
- Experience working with Unit, Integration, Performance, and Load Testing techniques
- A working understanding of Deployment tools and tool-chains
- A good grounding in User Interface and User Experience solutions in a cross platform
- Comfortable working within a LAMP/LEMP environment
What will you be doing?
- You will be expected to be well-versed in multiple key product components and maintaining compatibility in multiple core problem domains
- You will be able to take on leadership roles within an Agile team to deliver up to date solutions for the wider businesses.
- You will be expected to stay up to date on evolving standards ,platform features and critical vendor and community provided technologies
- You will be expected to provide thoughtful code reviews
- You will be expected to help less experience developer to get up to speed
- You will be expected to identify and improve quality and reliability issues in systems
- You will be expected to consistently delivery systems and features that provide significant value to customers
Applications close 26 October 2018
Please view the job description for more information