Design & Video Specialist – Urban Adventures
For the past 28 years, Intrepid has been taking small groups on real life experiences that give back to the places and people we visit. Now the world's largest provider of adventure travel experiences, we cater for all ages, budgets, and appetites for adventure through Adventure Tours Australia, Geckos Adventures, Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures and Urban Adventures.
Working in travel is a nice perk. An even better one is knowing that the work you do matters. Globally renowned as a leader in responsible travel, Intrepid Group has been a carbon-neutral business since 2010 and was the first global travel company to end elephant riding. The Intrepid Foundation, our not-for-profit, has raised $5m AUD for over 75 local and international charities by matching traveller donations dollar-for-dollar.
Have a zest for life and a lust for travel? Passionate about visual storytelling and marketing? Keen to work on an international, multicultural, hardworking team?
We’re on the hunt for an energetic and creative Design & Video Specialist to join Urban Adventures. This is a full-time position to be based in Toronto, Canada.
In this role, you’ll support the overall creative production needs for marketing the global Urban Adventures business to both consumers and industry. You’ll need to think creatively and outside the box, and understand how video and design influences customer purchasing and conversion.
You’ll be required to follow briefs, but to also apply your own creative flair to best demonstrate our brand voice. At busy times you may be asked to work additional hours to help clear work (especially when the deadlines for major projects are approaching). Occasional travel will be required; therefore you must have a valid passport.
Who are you?
- Proven experience in professional graphic design or video editing
- Expertise with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
- Experience working with Asana and Bynder or other content and task management systems
- Sharp eye for photography and best practices for online images
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Team-oriented but with ability to work independently
- Ability to work and communicate with an international, culturally diverse team
- Basic knowledge of the travel industry and the Urban Adventures style of travel
- Degree or certification from accredited college or university in graphic design is preferred
- Valid passport and ability to travel
What will you be doing?
- Designing marketing collateral for email, web, print and social channels
- Directing, scripting, shooting and/or editing video content
- Organizing shoots and coordinating with videographers and photographers
- Managing our library of creative assets (photo and video)
- Ensuring all visual marketing adheres to brand guidelines
- Developing new creative ideas and executions for video and design
How should you apply
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter: Tell us briefly why you want to work with Urban Adventures.
- Resume: Outline your past experience and relevant training/education.
- Portfolio: Choose at least two pieces of design work that you think best exemplify your skills, both technical and creative, and three samples of video editing that you have done.
Applications close 29 October 2018
Please view the job description for more information