VP Business Development – Polar and Marine
Flexible within North America
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
We are looking for a senior business development manager to join the Intrepid team to grow our Polar and Adventure Cruise distribution across North America and Europe.
Who are you?
You are passionate about sustainable, experience rich travel and have proven record of identifying, pitching for and winning new business including experience in:
- New Business development, ideally in a travel industry role and with existing relationships (5 years’ experience minimum)
- Strong knowledge of the North American & European polar market with a particular focus on the Expedition sector.
- High level experience in negotiating business agreements and contracts
- Personal and/or professional travel experience in multiple destinations, ideally with Polar travel experience.
What will you be doing?
- Developing and executing Intrepid’s Polar and Marine business development strategy in the region
- Growing existing partnerships
- Representing Intrepid at customer and partner events
Applications close 22 July 2019
Please view the job description for more information