General Manager Marine
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travelers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travelers, for travelers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
This role will be based in Melbourne and will be responsible for the management of the day to day trading to the long-term strategic development of the Adventure Cruising, Polar and Sailing themes. The role will provide direction to enable to business to achieve its objectives through the successful implementation of marketing plans to achieve sales growth, increasing business profitability, the procurement of ships and the development of new business.
Who are you?
- Mid to senior level management experience.
- Extensive sales & marketing experience in the travel industry; specific experience in the marine/cruising industry.
- Experience managing a Product development function within the travel & tourism industry, preferably with a Marine focus.
- Understanding of adventure travel industry and alignment with culture and values.
- Tertiary management qualifications.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- A strong understanding of the Intrepid Group and cruising customer.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the development and implementation of the global Adventure Cruising, Polar and Sailing business strategy.
- Work closely with global marketing teams on the development of an annual marketing plan for IG’s marine themes, to be delivered in conjunction with the company’s regional sales offices.
- Drive the strong sales growth globally and ensure business unit profitability.
- Oversee of trip quality (working with internal Product team and DMCs).
Applications close 12 June 2019
Please view the job description for more information