Global PR & Communications Advisor
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
The role of Global PR & Communications Advisor is to support the GM Global Communications, regional PR, product, and brand teams in the development and execution of external communication activity.
The primary focus of the role is to create newsworthy and engaging stories that will help the Group achieve our 2020 goals of Growth and Purpose Beyond Profit. The role also supports the GM Global Communications, product, customer relations and senior leadership team.
Who are you?
- Degree in marketing, communication, or a related field
- Experience in a PR role in a global organisation
- Excellent written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and the proven ability to effectively communicate complex information to a variety of audiences globally
- Strong news sense and the proven ability to identify and create newsworthy stories that meet business objectives
What will you be doing?
- News generation and distribution: identify and develop newsworthy content that will be used by regional PR managers and on our owned channels; integrate PR into global brand campaigns and channels;
- Coordination of global PR activity: support regional PR managers, product and brand managers to deliver best in class global PR presence for Intrepid Group; develop and maintain a global PR calendar, press kits and backgrounders, story bank and online newsroom; develop and maintain global PR reporting
- Issues and change management: assist the GM Global Communications on change management projects or with responses to reputation issues when required
- Internal communications: assist with developing and implementing internal communications material that enhances our company culture and supports business objectives
Applications close 14 June 2019
Please view the job description for more information