PR Manager EMEA
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
The role of PR Manager is to execute the communications strategy for EMEA for Intrepid Group. This involves identifying and pitching newsworthy and engaging stories that will help the Group achieve our 2020 goals of Growth and Purpose Beyond Profit. Working with the Senior PR Manager, duties would include executing PR campaigns to drive brand awareness, proactively and reactively securing press coverage in our target publications, organising and hosting press trips and more, while managing the EMEA PR budget.
Who are you?
- Degree in marketing, communication, or journalism
- At least three years’ experience in a travel PR role, in-house or agency
- A thorough understanding of the UK media landscape. Experience of working with European media would be an advantage
- Excellent written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong news sense and the proven ability to identify and create newsworthy stories that meet business objectives
- A proven track record of securing coverage in national publications
- Strong alignment with the core values of Intrepid Group
What will you be doing?
- Support the Senior PR Manager to develop the communications strategy for Intrepid Travel and the other Intrepid Group brands
- Execute PR campaigns and activations that are on brand and drive brand awareness
- Proactively and reactively secure coverage in the largest, most influential and well-aligned publications in the EMEA region
- Build out a strong network of travel, lifestyle and business editorial contacts
- Complete award applications and secure speaking opportunities for the leadership team
- Organise and lead press trips
Applications close 28 June 2019
Please view the job description for more information