For the past 28 years, Intrepid has been taking small groups on real life experiences that give back to the places and people we visit. Now the world's largest provider of adventure travel experiences, we cater for all ages, budgets, and appetites for adventure through Adventure Tours Australia, Geckos Adventures, Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures and Urban Adventures.
Working in travel is a nice perk. An even better one is knowing that the work you do matters. Globally renowned as a leader in responsible travel, Intrepid Group has been a carbon-neutral business since 2010 and was the first global travel company to end elephant riding. The Intrepid Foundation, our not-for-profit, has raised $5m AUD for over 75 local and international charities by matching traveller donations dollar-for-dollar.
As a Destination Specialist you will be required to plan and sell tailor made itineraries to Latin America and polar cruise packages. Working with direct customers and industry partners, you will be working on our in-house reservations system and will need to provide expert knowledge on the destinations and products available. You will handle all aspects of the customer journey from the planning and quote stage to booking all services, managing your own accounts, and following up with the clients upon their return to increase your chances of repeat business. Working in a small and friendly team, you will be sales and target focused while also providing a high level of customer service.
Who are you?
- Good organizational skills and experience in working with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Confident pleasant telephone manner
- Travel Experience in Latin America
- Command of written and spoken English and German
What will you be doing?
- Answering phone, email and livechat enquiries
- Planning tailor made itineraries for Latin America and expedition cruises to the polar regions
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, travel agents and suppliers
- Booking flights on Amadeus
- Meeting monthly sales targets
- Managing own accounts
Applications close 28 June 2019
Please view the job description for more information