Digital Team Lead
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
Our customers’ experience is of the utmost importance to us. As Digital Team Lead, you’ll play a key role in the ongoing digital transformation at Intrepid Group to deliver business outcomes through improving the experience that customers have with our digital products.
This role will lead the Colombo-based digital team and collaborate with remotely located team members and stakeholders to help continuously improve our customer’s experience. Our Colombo digital team provides a range of services to the business including, Product Ownership, Website Administration, UX/UI Design and Web Analytics, the Team Lead will manage this team to ensure they are delivering work of the highest quality. In addition, the Team Lead may be required to play the role of Product Owner in projects with our co-located sprint teams.
Who are you?
- 3 Years’ experience in managing a team in a digital environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an agile environment preferably at a Product Owner capacity
- Tertiary qualification (business or IT) or equivalent experience
- Agile or Scrum certification relating to design practices would be highly regarded
- Proven experience leading and managing team members with a broad range of skills are essential
- Expertise in content management and design on responsive websites in an e-commerce environment.
- Proven experience in agile development environment (ideally as a Product Owner)
- Strong experience gathering and evaluating requirements
- Deep understanding of technical considerations (including UX, HTML, CSS & SEO) and its application to business requirements.
- Working knowledge of common product management, testing and analytics tools (Google Analytics, JIRA etc.)
What will you be doing?
- Provide digital product management leadership to the digital producers, product owners and the wider business
- Champion customer centric digital product development across the whole organisation
- Provide leadership and support for the digital product team and business product owners
- Ensure timely delivery by facilitating effective design thinking processes and methodologies
- Deliver industry leading digital channels and experiences
- Product owner role in scrum team
- Participate in Scrum stand ups, sprint refinement and sprint planning meetings and conduct user acceptance testing
- Manage and coaching product owners and junior sprint team members within sprints Collaborate with Design, Brand and Creative Content team members to ensure consistency, integrated brand perception and user experience
Applications close 19 July 2019
Please view the job description for more information