Global Sales Specialist – Urban Adventures
Toronto, Canada / New York, USA / London, UK
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
We’re looking for values-led high performer who would love the challenge of helping to shape some of the fastest growing parts of our business. You’ll ‘Change the Way People See the World’ by connecting customers with our local-led, sustainable experiences across the world, with a primary focus on growing specialist industry partnerships (such as shore excursions). The successful candidate will add value to the team and achieve success in their role by primarily working with local operating partners on new product opportunities, supporting business development efforts globally and onboarding new sales partnerships.
Who are you?
- Have relevant experience in creating amazing travel experiences, supporting operations or delivering outstanding sales results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments to deliver results on a project
- Have a passion for travel and belief in Urban Adventures’ responsible travel philosophy and purpose
- Strong capacity to listen to and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong self-motivation and proven ability to take initiative and complete work autonomously
What will you be doing?
- Achieve monthly team sales target through product development, business development and general sales efforts.
- Develop deep understanding of the different Urban Adventure businesses, external partners and their product requirements
- Effectively manage partnerships with internal and external partners in relation to product development, marketing opportunities and sales growth
- Assist in the onboarding of new business partnerships
Applications close 31 May 2019
Please view the job description for more information