Director of Sales and Customer Service – EMEA & Americas
London, UK or Toronto, Canada
Intrepid was founded to create a style of travel that could benefit both travellers and the places and people they visit. Almost 30 years later, this is still integral to who we are and what we do. As we’ve grown into the world’s largest adventure travel company, we’ve learned the more we grow, the bigger difference we can make in the world.
The Intrepid Group now comprises of four tour operator brands, more than 20 destination management companies, a not-for-profit foundation and over 1,800 global staff and leaders. In 2018 we became the world's largest travel B Corp, which means we're committed to being a business that benefits both people and the planet.
Just like any good journey, ours is still going - with new adventures and new friends along the way. And although we’re a bit larger these days, we’re still run by travellers, for travellers. And we always will be.
For more information, head to https://www.intrepidgroup.travel/
The purpose of this role is to maximise sales by developing and implementing the sales strategy as well as ensuring the highest levels of customer service across EMEA & Americas.
The role is responsible for all elements of sales and customer service operations, ensuring the structure, processes, skills level and dynamics of the sales departments is at the optimum level to achieve and exceed sales targets and achieve key performance indicators.
This role is also responsible for ongoing process and system improvement in order to increase productivity. The role involves a high level of collaboration with other departments to provide guidance for system requirements.
The role also collaborates with the marketing and external B2B sales teams to maximise campaign ROI.
You will have responsibility for your department P&L, including salaries and wages, incentives and other overhead costs.
The role is a member of the EMEA & Americas Leadership Team
Who are you?
- 5+ Years senior management experience in a sales or business capacity
- Demonstrated leadership, communication & people management at all levels Sound business management, financially and commercially astute
- A strong knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience in complaint handling and escalated customer issues
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships, collaborate, communicate and influence
- Effective resource and change management skills to maximise productivity and profitability
- Strong process improvement skills
- Tertiary qualifications advantageous
What will you be doing?
- In collaboration with the EMEA & Americas leadership team set annual sales targets and re-forecast as necessary.
- Phase team targets as appropriate.
- Manage S&W budget including incentives, management of overhead costs including cost for errors and customer complaints. In collaboration with EMEA & Americas Leadership Team, contribute to high level strategic plan.
- Working in conjunction with Industry Managers, PGM’s and Partnerships Manager, maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with external partners such as Airlines, GDS provider, key agents, insurance providers etc.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service across all channels, both pre and post booking, including post trip customer complaints
- Manage crises affecting department and wider office as they arise
- Ongoing improvement in processes and adherence to best practice polices globally.
- Collaborate with development teams to continue to refine system ability to support sales teams
- Monitoring, analysis and accurate reporting of sales and KPI’s across all departments
- Recruitment, training and development, conducting regular 1:1 conversations with your managers and ensuring they are also leading and developing their staff
- Understand Intrepid Group’s ‘Purpose beyond Profit’ philosophy and contribute to the achievement of the social, environmental and Intrepid Foundation goals as set by IG each year
Applications close 28 June 2019
Please view the job description for more information